Monday, April 29, 2013

Make The Most Of Your Summer

Summer is just around the corner, and I think I can speak for all college students when I say we cannot be more excited.  For the next week or so most of us will be buried in our textbooks and hyped up on coffee and red bull, but we can't let that stand in the way of the light at the end of the tunnel. So whether you're staying at school or at home for the summer, there are ways to make the most of it. 


Explore

Considering most of us are broke and living off of ramen, we don't have the money to travel anywhere far...but that doesn't mean you can't explore where you are.  Find things to do that are cheap, or even free nearby.  Go camping, or for a run on a route you've never gone before.  This gives you a chance to see all different aspects of where you live!  Personally, I would suggest a canoe trip with your friends. It's an inexpensive and great excuse to get drunk and weird with your friends in a swimsuit. 

Work

I know work doesn't sound like something you want to spend your whole summer doing, but we have to feed ourselves somehow!  This gives you more experience to put down on your resume, a wider network, and some beer money.  And chances are, you might meet some great people!  I loved my summer job and met some wonderful people.

Get Organized


Organize all your school supplies by throwing away what you don't want/need and put the stuff you're keeping in a certain spot as you're moving out.  This will save you a lot of time later! 


Good luck on your finals, everyone! Have a great summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment